I was homeschooled before it was cool. Anyone else like me out there? You told the clerk at Walmart that you were on a field trip when they asked you why you weren’t in school?
Well, now that I’m a homeschooling mom myself, I’m realizing that wasn’t so far-fetched. There is an awful lot that can be learned at the grocery store! I’ve come up with thirty ways – how many more can you add?
- Write the PLU numbers on the tags from the bulk bins. (writing)
- Weigh your produce. (math)
- Put a prescribed number of items in your cart. (math)
- Keep track of your items for Buy 10 type sales. (math)
- Figure out which brand is cheapest. (math)