Update 12/14/2012: Dollar Tree has now updated their coupon policy with more stipulations, especially for internet coupons. See below for the updated policy.
Wow, here’s something I never expected to see: Dollar Tree has announced that they are going to start accepting manufacturer’s coupons as of August 26th, 2012! I’m guessing there may be some great deals to be had with coupons, though it may kind of be hard to keep track of considering that a lot of the items they sell vary by location and are limited quantity.
They’ve also released a list of rules which you can also find on their website. I have to say that I am soglad that they are starting out with these rules, it makes it so much easier for honest couponers! Here’s the Dollar Tree coupon policy as of December 2012
- We accept Manufacturer Coupons only, no retailer specific coupons; example Target, Wal-Mart, etc.
- We do not accept photocopies of coupons. Coupons must be intact, not altered or modified in any way.
- Coupons can only be used in stores, must be presented at time of purchase and cannot be redeemed for cash at a later time.
- Item purchased must match the coupon description (brand, size, quantity, color, etc.) and be presented prior to the expiration date printed on the coupon.
- We accept only 1 Manufacturer Coupon per single item purchased.
- We accept coupons for over a dollar on a single item. The coupon value will be reduced to the purchase price of the item.
- We cannot give cash back if the face value of a coupon is greater than the purchase price of the item.
- Coupons for free items are only accepted if a purchase is required to get one free (for example, Buy One Get One Free offers).
- Any applicable sales tax must be paid by consumer.
- We reserve the right to accept, refuse or limit the use of any coupon.
- This policy is subject to all local, state and federal laws and regulations where applicable.
- These guidelines apply to all coupons accepted at Dollar Tree (Manufacturer and Internet Coupons).
- We accept up to two (2) Internet Coupons per household per day.
- Internet Coupons must be a “Manufacturer Coupon”, have a valid expiration date and a valid remit address for the manufacturer.
- We do not accept Internet Coupons for “Free” items with no purchase requirements.
- Duplicated (photocopies) Internet Coupons will not be accepted. Each Internet Coupon must have a different serial number.
Will you be shopping at Dollar Tree more now that you can use coupons?